I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can come to for all your blogging needs. I’ll be adding to this as time goes by and I learn more. I highly recommend bookmarking this page for reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Why did I decide to create a resource page? The answer is simple really, as I get requests and emails asking me about how and what I used to create my website. In the resource page, I will highlight the tools, widgets and utilities used on this site. If this page is useful to you please refer it to friends who may also benefit from it.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that these are the tools that I use or have used in the past and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the commission I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your blogging goals.
- BlueHost: Easy to use, 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service. If you are a newbie and want to start your first blog. This is the hosting platform for you.
- GoDaddy: A little more involved set up than BlueHost. I currently use GoDaddy.com because I have multiple sites. A single site is cheaper on BlueHost if you factor in the ease of use. GoDaddy.com hosting is for the serious niche practitioner and can be more involved.
- WordPress: The # 1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support. ALL my blogs use WordPress.
- How to Start a Blog That Matters: My TOP recommendation for educational material if you’re looking to start a blog from scratch. (via Corbett Bar of ThinkTraffic.net)
- Market Samurai: The number one tool for keyword research available on the market.
- Google Adwords Tool: A free tool to help you determine keywords.
WordPress Tools & Widgets
- WP Robot 3: WordPress Robot 3 is exactly what you think, a way to auto-post Videos, Amazon products, eBay Auctions, Blog Articles, RSS Feeds all without lifting a finger. Great Product. I use this to bring in Current Prepper News from various resources.
- Shareaholic: Adds an attractive social bookmarking menu and related content widget to your posts, pages, index, or any combination.
- Ninja Popups for WordPress: Creates professionally designed popups to convert visitors into taking action. For example, subscribing to your newsletter.
- Weaver II WordPress Theme: The easiest way to customize your site. Many options to choose from and it has built-in mobile support.
- All-in-One SEO Pro Widget: The most popular and by far the best WordPress Plugin for managing Search Engine Optimization.
- Magic Action Box: Makes it easy to create powerful calls to action. Email list building. Works with aWeber, Mail-chimp etc… (via jvZoo)
- SNAP (Social Networks Auto Poster): Publishes nicely formatted messages to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blogger, Live Journal, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Plurk, WordPress.com, and Tumblr accounts. Great for back-links and traffic.
- P3 Plugin Performance Analyzer: Free tool to measure your WordPress pages load time. Find problems with plugins and speed up your sites load time. A must have for any word press site.
- SoreThumb: Brings attention to certain parts of your website. Using different effects. Very effective at bringing attention to links or pages. (via jvZoo)
- AWeber: Email auto-responder marketing tools. A must for any serious blogger. Building your list is the key to successful blogging. By far, the best in the industry.