Tydlig - Calculator Reimagined - Andreas Karlsson
Tydlig is a revolutionary new kind of calculator that sheds the legacy limitations of old devices, for a truly modern calculation experience.
Features include: Editable history, linked numbers, responsive results, freeform canvas, dragging numbers and a visual graphing feature.
Why do most iOS calculators look like someone taped an old plastic calculator to the screen? How come calculator apps still have buttons like MC/MR/M+/M- when there is enough room on modern devices to store all numbers you could ever think of? Tydlig starts with a clean sheet, then by only adding interface components that truly makes sense on iPhone and iPad it lets you focus on what really matters: your calculations.
* Editable history on a freeform canvas: Tydlig stores all your history on an infinite scrolling canvas. Drag numbers around and arrange them as they make sense to you.
* Responsive results: Edit any number on the canvas and see all affected results update automatically. Let your calculator work for you, not the other way around.
* Linked numbers: With a result selected, press any operation to created a linked number on the line below. You can also drag any result to create a linked number. Responsive results will cascade down these links.
* Familiar and efficient numeric pad for input, perfectly sized for your fingers without covering the screen.
* Share your calculations either by: Copy calculations as text, copy any graph as an image, or by using the share menu which will share a cropped image of all visible calculations.
* Graphing feature: Long press the number you want to make x and choose "Link with graph". Long press the number under the graph and use the Slider to instantly adjust the value. Perfect when trying to learn how different functions work and feel. Edit the limits by tapping them and using the numpad, like editing any other number.
* Lots of power under the hood with a lightning fast calculation engine and over 20 mathematical functions available.
* Supports external Bluetooth keyboards and numpads for really quick entry.
* Tydlig works completely offline, no need to be connected to the internet.
* Tydlig attempts to innovate by eliminating the need for explicit functions and x/y variables, instead adopting something similar to lambda calculus using linked numbers. This can be effective especially in teaching how functions and graphing works. If you are looking for a way to get into graphing Tydlig might be a good fit for you. If you are looking for a traditional professional graphing solution Tydlig 1.1 is probably not for you.
A top 10 iPad Utility app in: United States, Canada, Sweden, China, Korea, Croatia, New Zealand, Hungary
For more information and a demo video visit http://tydligapp.com
© © 2013 Andreas Karlsson
iTunes Store: Top Paid Apps